Wednesday 12 October 2011

Overview of the Course
            I have learnt a lot of things in the English Studies class. To be honest, it is such a hard lesson to learn but I have try my very best to understand it and love it since I am not interested in literature. Luckily, I have very cooperative yet playful group members and they help me a lot during our discussion and presentation. We had learnt about short stories and poems in the past three and a half month and for me it is very fun to learn literature. Mr. Camillus had explained a lot to us regarding all of the short stories and poems.
            Presentation is one of my enemy since I am lack of confident when it comes to talk in front of many people. Thank God, I have very supportive group members. They encourage me and I feel like I have changed a lot. I am more confident to come in front and present but I still do not speak a lot. I just read what was on the slide because most of the time Albinus will explain it. For now we have done three presentation and we manage to do it quite well. Honestly, there are some mistakes on our slide such as spelling error and wrong pronunciation, but Mr. Camillus reprimand and correcting our mistakes.
            I understand that every short stories and poems have it deeper meaning. Before, I just read short stories and poems without have the interest to know deeper about it, who wrote it, what it implies to and what it means to the writer. But, after i going through three and a half months learning lesson, I realize that different short stories and poems implies different meaning and moral values but some of it have the same theme such as death. During our lesson, A Rose for Family, The Story of an Hour, Lamb to the Slaughter, Suicide Notes and Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night brings the same theme which is death but it still have different meaning.
I hope that I can improve much better in English Studies next time and manage to make my own poem.  
                                                                                                      By,
                                                                                                         Kelly Katty Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment