Wednesday 12 October 2011

Overview of Course

Overview of the Course
By Angela Devung Dennis
The learning of literature during English Study class had taught me a lot. I had been presenting a few of poems and short stories in front of the class with my other group members. It was such a meaningful learning process. To be honest, I was not interested into literature. I love reading stories but I never have sense to learn them deeper. However, after undergone a have-to-learn months, I have been changed. I started to learn seeing from different perspectives. I learnt how the background of the writer may affect the writing. Now, English Study is my favorite subject. Moreover, Mr. Camillus is the best lecturer for this course.                                               
Standing in front of the class to present used to frighten me. I was a type of girl that lacked self-confidence. However, the experiences of presented for the past few months is enough to increase my level of self-confidence. My course mates are also very cooperative and did help a lot during the presentation. They learnt and responded to our slides. The background of our presentation was also being commented for several times. From the comments, I learnt on how the background of a presentation should be.
After done a lot of researches, I learnt that literature is a good way to express the feeling. Sometime, there is something in our heart that is cannot be expressed by words. This is the situation where literature should be the best tool to express those. I learnt to practice critical thinking in my daily life. For an example, I learnt that death is not something bad. I learnt this in a poem ‘Don’t Go Gentle into That Good Night.’
As a conclusion, literature is my best teacher. It taught me a lot about life. I hope I can improve myself in many aspects of life as time passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment